[tex-live] LaTeX suddenly stopped working (loop/memory leak?)

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Sat Jun 30 12:21:16 CEST 2018

Am 30.06.2018 um 12:09 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> Am Sat, 30 Jun 2018 09:22:13 +0200 schrieb Urs Liska:
>

>> LaTeX2e <2018-04-01> patch level 4
>> In both cases there is no further output on the console.
> Did you try to recreate the formats?

No, because I don't have any idea what that means.

>   Did you try to update (patch
> level 4 is not the newest latex)?

I have texlive-full on Debian Testing, and what I have is the latest
from the repositories. I'm not inclined to meddle around with that.

> Did you try a plain tex document?

I hadn't (I've never used plain TeX until now). Now I did (copying a
document from the web), and it *did* produce a document.

Does this give any further indications? Is there something wrong with
the current packages in Debian? (But then I'd suppose more impact on
many users ...)

Urs