[tex-live] "Getnonfreefonts-sys"

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Jun 2 14:53:41 CEST 2018

Hallo Norbert --
> Hmm, can you try first to remove the wrong pinning entry:
>   tlmgr pinning remove tlcontrib '*'
> and then add a correct one via
>   tlmgr pinning add tlcontrib *
> (again one of the peculiarities of Windows). Does that help?

OK, that looks good(-ish) :

> D:\TeX\Live\2018\TeXMF>tlmgr pinning remove tlcontrib '*'
> tlmgr (TLPDB): pinning warning: the package pattern '*' on the line:
>   tlcontrib:'*'
>   does not match any package
> tlmgr.pl: package repositories
>         main = D:/TeX/Live/2018/Pre-test (not verified: gpg unavailable)
>         tlcontrib = http://contrib.texlive.info/current (not verified: gpg unava
> ilable)
> tlmgr (TLPDB): pinning warning: the package pattern '*' on the line:
>   tlcontrib:'*'
>   does not match any package
> tlmgr.pl: removed pinning data for repository tlcontrib: '*'
>
> D:\TeX\Live\2018\TeXMF>tlmgr pinning add tlcontrib *
> tlmgr.pl: package repositories
>         main = D:/TeX/Live/2018/Pre-test (not verified: gpg unavailable)
>         tlcontrib = http://contrib.texlive.info/current (not verified: gpg unava
> ilable)
> tlmgr.pl: new pinning data for tlcontrib: *

> After that
>   tlmgr install <your-preferred-fontpackage>
> should work.

OK, thereafter "match urw-garamond" does indeed select a single installable package, "mathdesign 31639 (2.31) Mathematical fonts to fit with particular text fonts", but trying to install that tells me "package already present: mathdesign".  However, it /then/ offers me a new package, "garamond 11 at tlcontrib", and that package appears to have installed cleanly.  A great deal of work will clearly be required to convert the original 8-bit polytonic Greek text into Unicode (at the moment there is no Greek visible in the output at all -- it should compose over 90% !), but at least the sources now compiles.  Many thanks to Norbert, Reinhard, Nelson and all others.

** Phil.