[tex-live] Class moderncv and XeLateX: xdvipdfmx:fatal

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:17:07 CEST 2018

You have not written details about your operating system. I can confirm
that fontconfig in Linux is quite strange. I had exactly the same fonts
installed on two computers with the same version of Fedora and the same
configuration files. I had two versions of FreeFont on both computers, one
with correct Devanagari block and one older where Devanagari did not work.
Preferences were set so that the working version should be used. It worked
on one computer but did not work on the other. I had to remove the older
version of Freefont. So if fontconfig can see two versions then no matter
how the preferences are set, unpredictable things may happen. And it can
even depend on the version of fontconfig.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz