[tex-live] TL2018: UTF-8 characters in file names with pdflatex

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:26:01 CEST 2018

hmm for all variants that I can detect are using things incompatible
with inputenc it is not preloaded

% Skip this section in Unicode TeX, or if  MLTeX and EncTeX are enabled.
%    \begin{macrocode}
\ifnum0%
  \ifx\Umathchar\@undefined\else 1\fi
  \ifx\mubyte\@undefined\else 1\fi
  \ifx\charsubdef\@undefined\else 1\fi
  =\z@

so in a format built with enctex there should be no change in the 2018
release (or that's a bug, sorry)

David