[tex-live] Fwd: Lua module 'socket.url' loading problem with getmap

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jul 17 03:47:40 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-14 at 08:18:15 +0900, Akira Kakuto wrote:

 > > I had to change the line
 > >
 > > local url = require("socket.url")

 > > local url = socket.url
 >
 > Windows updated binary modifies luasocket library by
 > changing a few lua modules and their C version by
 > adding lacking lines like
 > module("socket.url") by comparing with the good socket.http.
 > So probably getmapdl.lua works only on Windows now.

Dear Akira and Joseph,
I followed your discussion with great interest and occasionally did
some tests on x86_64-linux.

I can confirm that everything works like charm with {pdf,lua,xe}latex
now.  Both, Josef's test file (Heidelberg, Berlin, Munich) and Akira's
test file (Tokyo) work perfectly.

I had to replace

  local url = require("socket.url")

with

  local url = socket.url

But this shouldn't be necessary and it wasn't necessary in the past.
There is definitely a bug in the current version of luatex which
should be fixed upstream.  I just informed luatex developers:

  https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/dev-luatex/2018-July/006066.html

 > local url = socket.url or require("socket.url")

This is certainly the best workaround for the time being.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de