[tex-live] Lua module 'socket.url' loading problem with getmap

Josef Kleber josef.kleber at gmx.de
Tue Jul 10 18:30:16 CEST 2018

Dear Akira,

sorry to bother you again, but it's becoming weird! :-(

Am 08.07.2018 um 08:04 schrieb Akira Kakuto:
> Dear Josef,
>
>> Please reconsider your decesion and upload the new version.
>> A luatex in TL unable to load a standard lib can
>> potentially cause more problems elsewhere.
>
> Thanks. I have updated luatex.dll in TeX Live SVN, r48163.
> Here it seems that getmap "package" is working.
> Please discard all files in the previous getmaptest.zip.

The following test file worked with the version you sent me last week.
After updating luatex the first - and only the first - map does not
work. No error but again a malformed URL, but only for 'ß' instead of
'ss'. See commented line:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[overwrite=true]{getmap}
\begin{document}
%\getmap[mode=gm]{Bergheimer Straße 110A, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany}
\getmap[mode=gm]{Bergheimer Strasse 110a, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany}
\includegraphics[width=10cm]{getmap}

\getmap[file=berlin, mode=gm]{Brandenburger Tor, Berlin}
\includegraphics[width=10cm]{berlin}

%\getmap[file=muc, mode=gm]{Stachus, Muenchen}
\getmap[file=muc, mode=gm]{Stachus, München}
\includegraphics[width=10cm]{muc}
\end{document}

Something I absolutly don't understand.

Best,