[tex-live] TL2017's tlpkg/installer/wget/wget.x86_64-darwin: HTTPS support not compiled in.

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Jan 31 01:45:13 CET 2018

Reinhard Kotucha writes today

>> If wget is searched in PATH, I recommend to search for curl if wget
>> isn't found.  I suppose that many non-Linux Unix systems provide curl
>> instead of wget by default.

I suggest that if you look for curl, then also look for gnurl, a new
(December 2017) GNU project that is a fork of curl that removes
support for older protocols, and adds support for more cryptographic
backends.  See

	ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnunet/

gnurl is not yet in a many GNU/Linux (or other UNIX flavor)
distributions, but I expect it will be added over the next few months.

You can use it like curl:

	gnurl remote-URL  > local-file