[tex-live] issue with texdoc footnote.dtx

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 23 23:50:40 CET 2018

    latex package "disser" provides a file "footnote.dtx" which
    shadows "footnote.dtx" from package "footnote"

I do not try to keep names in the source/ (or doc/) trees unique;
that is, I don't complain to authors about duplicate names there.
Dealing with the tex/ and fonts/ trees is plenty painful enough.

If you want to ask the mdwtools and/or disser authors to uniqify their
dtx names, go right ahead. Would be all to the good ... --best, karl.