[tex-live] Making lua modules findable

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 5 23:27:23 CET 2018

    lua -e "print(package.path)" and lua -e
    "print(package.cpath)"

I can agree that making it easier to add the "standard Lua directories"
to the Lua search path would be useful.

However, I can't feasibly add a large random set of directories
determined at runtime to the kpathsea search paths.

I don't know if luatex itself can reasonably look up and add those
paths, but it might be more plausible.

In any case, I think adding such directories should be optional, and off
by default, rather than "automatic"ally done. Otherwise debugging
anything becomes substantially more complex, it seems to me. --best, karl.