[tex-live] Error

Michael Hirt michael.hirt at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Dec 30 11:12:57 CET 2018

Dear texlive team,

I wanted to install a usepackage for LaTeX using the command

> tlmgr install siunitx

The terminal returened the following:

> (running on Debian, switching to user mode!)
> /usr/bin/tlmgr: Initialization failed (in setup_unix_one):
> /usr/bin/tlmgr: could not find a usable xzdec.
> /usr/bin/tlmgr: Please install xzdec and try again.
> tlmgr: Couldn't set up the necessary programs.
> Installation of packages is not supported.
> Please report to texlive at tug.org.
> Use of uninitialized value $r in split at /usr/bin/tlmgr line 3882.
> tlmgr: Cannot find main repository, you have to tag one as main!

As it tells me to do I am reporting you this error. Since I do not
expect you to answer me soon, I whish you a happy new year, and try
solving it by myself. If you find time answering me I will be thankfull.

Greetings,

Michael Hirt