[tex-live] [Patch] XeTeX - Avoid modification of internal poppler object, fix compilation with poppler 0.72

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 09:28:47 CET 2018

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 at 04:20, Akira Kakuto wrote:

> BTW, we are using poppler 0.68.0 in the TeX Live,
> and we will not update the poppler because newer
> ones require C++14.

For TL 2019 (no need to do it just now) it would be helpful though if
the sources could do some #ifdef-ing (based on poppler version) to
also support the latest system version of poppler.

In MacPorts we recently switched to TeX Live's own version of poppler
since the package maintainer gave up trying to patch TeX Live sources
to be compatible with the latest poppler shipped with the package
manager. This was following Norbert's advice; if I remember correctly
the same is done in Debian. We can also leave it that way, but in case
those who know the sources better know how to fix the sources in a
correct way ...

Mojca