[tex-live] Making texts externally replaceable in PDFs, e.g. with sed(1)

Osipov, Michael michael.osipov at siemens.com
Mon Dec 17 11:41:54 CET 2018

Am 2018-12-17 um 11:34 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

>>>     That honestly sounds like a considerably better technical solution in
>>> the context that you’ve described.
>
>> This is something I fully agree. The solution is straight forward and
>> clean.
>
> I'm not sure. It would work but at the end you are including a
> non-unicode-font.
> I would include a representative string (1234567890abcd...)
> somewhere outside the viewport, use this to identify the correct hex
> numbers and then exchange the hex.

Yep, this is what I had in mind a couple of days ago. Still, the
exchange has to be performed by the target service which I do not
control. I don't consider them to read the PDF spec like me and replay
this approach.

We likely will consider the non-Unicode font for only this case. WE just
need \d, A-Z and maybe % or alike.

Thanks,

Michael