[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Dec 12 13:01:19 CET 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:43:19AM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
>    That is exactly the point — Microsoft's professed support for open-source
>    is almost certainly fake and self-serving, and I therefore think that
>    calling their bluff  would not be in our (i.e., the TeX community's) best
>    interests.

  Who talked about calling their bluff?  I wrote the exact opposite:
let’s not point it out, and instead use it to our advantage.  The amount
of noise Microsoft makes about “loving open source” and such like is,
when you pay attention to it, deafening.  If we’re to try and attract
their attention to problems the TeX community have, it can only help to
use the same buzzwords as them.

>>    Then I don’t think you’re the right person to write to Microsoft on
>>  behalf of TeX Windows users, however honoured and privileged that may
>>  make you feel.
>
>    Then please make that known to Boris.

  Already done so.

>    Yes, I am pro-Windows; on what way that could influence my in an
>    undesirable way is totally unclear.

  Of course it is, to you.  Just like you don’t seem to realise that we
should be playing Microsoft at their own game by bandying about phrases
like open source.  You would surely not mention LaTeX either, would you?

	Best,

		Arthur