[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:18:13 CET 2018

st 12. 12. 2018 v 1:51 odesílatel Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> napsal:

>  > I really didn't mean to use 'docker' but to use a 'minimalist
>  > container like framework' (such as..).
>
> Could you investigate?  The main problem I see is that programs in
> such containers do not cooperate very well with programs outside.
> Suppose that you create a PDF file within such a container.  How do
> you pass the PDF file to Adobe Reader installed on native Windows?

You simply cannot because if I remember well all information from the
relevant web sites, Adobe Reader does not work in the S-mode, there is
probably another PDF viewer and the PDF file will have to be shared
via a cloud (similarly as in iOS). You create the file, push it to the
cloud then ask the cloud app to move it to the working space of the
PDF viewer and open it. And of course, the possibility of reopening
the PDF at the same page just does not exist, because in the S-mode
applications are not allowed to communicate with each other, there is
no IPC and each app can only access its own AppData.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz