[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Dec 12 09:11:40 CET 2018

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 04:33:58PM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
> George N. White III wrote:
>> I doubt the open source community will have any impact on the marketing of cheap
>> Windows 10 S boxes.
>
> I completely agree with that analysis, which is one reason why my draft letter makes no mention of "Open Source".

  No, you don’t.  George is implying that since TeX users are part of the open
source community, they (we) won’t have any impact on the distribution of
Windows 10 S.  You seem to think that we could wield great influence on
Microsoft in some undefined way.

> I would supplement that advising those who are in a position to do so to resist Windows 10 at all costs, and to stay with Windows 7 for as long as possible.

  You seem to have painted yourself in a corner of your own.

	Best,

		Arthur