[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:19:44 CET 2018

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 01:59, Norbert Preining wrote:

> >    For example, by analysis of fetches of the TeX Live installer, the ISO,
>
> Since most downloads are via the mirror system, and we don't have access
> to the server logs on (name-your-university-or-mirror), we don't have
> any statistics. (Would like to see that myself!)

These numbers are completely non-representative, but here's the number
of unique IPs which downloaded at least one platform-specific package
from our CTAN mirror with "texlive/lwp" since the 7th of December (1
week):
- win32: 15
- x86_64-linux: 5
- x86_64-darwin: 3
(Probably the server has a cron job to delete the logs and I don't
parse them or regular basis. I suspect that at least one darwin might
come from me while testing Siep's new GUI.)

The percentage of Windows users is quite a bit higher than in the
DANTE questionnaire, but I suspect that the population of users in any
TeX user group has way more unix users just because those users are
more likely to join than (lots of) random students with windows
computers.

Mojca