[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:11:18 CET 2018

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 at 07:01, Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 10:34:52AM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
>
>    I had already consulted those guidelines
>
>   Have you?
>

> Yes, I have already stated that, Mr vice-President.  Would you like me to
> state it under oath ?
>
> A subsection entitled “The app certification process”
> (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/uwp/publish/the-app-certification-process)
> contains amongst others
>
> 	Certification
>
>   The second and third section link to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/windows-app-certification-kit
> and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/legal/windows/agreements/store-policies
> respectively.  Did you read those pages?
>

> All but
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/legal/windows/agreements/store-policies,
> since I was searching for *technical* guidelines rather than policy
> guidelines.  Having now read the last of these, I *still* find nothing
> technical.  As I wrote earlier, if you can point me at the *technical*
> elements of the guidelines I will be happy to follow them up.  Just in case
> you are unclear what I mean by technical, I am looking for guidelines along
> the lines of the following :
>
>    - For a program to be accepted by the Microsoft Store, it must
>

>    1. Not make any use of CMD.exe, PowerShell, or any other command-line
>    user interface that allows a user to run an arbitrary program rather than
>    make a selection from a restricted list of pre-approved programs.
>
>    2. <etc>.

Googling "site:docs.microsoft.com S mode cmd.exe" found
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-10-s-planning
.

This has a list of programs blocked in S-mode.   There are documents that
walk you thru the process of converting
a side installer to the Windows App Store, but there is no point trying to
make an app that uses and banned programs.

--
George N. White III