[tex-live] Getting started / integrating my own macro and image files

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Dec 9 21:59:09 CET 2018

On 2018-12-09 at 00:56:39 -0500, George Stewart wrote:

 > Sorry I am hsing proTEXT not TeX-Live. But same question.

ProTeXt is based on MiKTeX, not TeX Live.  So you've read the wrong
documentation and MiKTeX certainly doesn't provide a directory
C:/texlive.

It's better to ask on the ProTeXt mailing list:

An alternative is to install TeX Live because you're already more familiar
with TeX Live than with MiKTeX. ;)

BTW, the TeX Live installer creates a TDS compliant set of empty
directories in texlive/texmf-local.  This is quite helpful in order to
determine the appropriate directory for a particular file.

 > Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my Game Boy

Regards,
  Reinhard