[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 08:42:01 CET 2018

ne 9. 12. 2018 v 8:23 odesílatel Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> napsal:

> Zdeněk Wagner wrote:
>
> > As I read the docs, if I understand them well, perl will not even start because it is not allwed in the S mode,
>
> That does indeed seem the most probably scenario.  But of course it is not impossible that a Perl vendor (e.g., Active Perl) will apply for (and gain) certification, so if the installer can use an already-present Perl then all is not necessarily lost ...

OK, it may happen but look at
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/2017/05/18/will-linux-distros-run-on-windows-10-s/
posted some time ago by George N. White III which says among others

Just because an "app" comes from the Windows Store does NOT
automatically mean that it's safe & suitable for running in Windows 10
S. There are some apps that are not allowed to run on Windows 10 S,
including all command-line apps, shells and Consoles.
And of specific interest to readers of this blog, Windows 10 S does
not run command-line applications, nor the Windows Console, Cmd /
PowerShell, or Linux/Bash/WSL instances since command-line apps run
outside the safe environment that protects Windows 10 S from malicious
/ misbehaving software...

So even if perl gets into MS Store, it will not work in the S mode.

> Philip Taylor

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz