[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Dec 9 00:35:10 CET 2018

On 2018-12-07 at 12:12:41 -0400, George N. White III wrote:

 > I think enterprises and universities have been asking for this due
 > to the high cost of dealing with Windows malware.

Enterprises always depend on 3rd party software.  In my experience
they often refuse to pay for support and thus don't get any updates.
Since no software vendor is interested in registering old stuff at
Microsoft's AppStore, I'm sure that none of these companies can afford
"S mode".

Is this brain-damaged "S mode" the only way to make Windows secure?
IMO it's rather a declaration of incapacity.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de