[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:24:32 CET 2018

pá 7. 12. 2018 v 16:19 odesílatel Arthur Reutenauer
<arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> napsal:

> On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 12:13:51AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > MS is trying to lock users into the MS Store by this. But due to the
> > limited software, most users will need to "leave the S-mode", which
> > makes it a useless complication.
>
>   I take it you think there is currently no solution except for telling
> users installing TeX Live “please leave the S mode by doing this and
> that”?

Most probably. Maybe the certificate is not so expensive, but what
happens if TL is installed via net? Will the executables downloaded by
install-tl.bat work or they will just require leaving the S mode one
step later? In such a case the huge install files will have to be made
available via MS Store, i.e. everybody will have to download 4GB even
if he/she wants just plain withou documentation because th SSD in a
notebook does not have so much free space. I do not know...

>         Best,
>
>                 Arthur

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz