[tex-live] install-tl-windows.bat unavailable in Microsoft Store

Denis Bitouzé denis.bitouze at univ-littoral.fr
Fri Dec 7 15:49:08 CET 2018

Le 07/12/18 à 14h31, Philip Taylor a écrit :

> IMHO.  Windows 7 is wonderful.

Really? ;)

> Windows 8 onwards is a whole series of unmitigated disasters, none of
> which were or are apparent to Microsoft.  Stick to Windows 7, even if
> it means having to settle for a 6th generation i-series processor
> rather than 7th generation or later.

If you explain people (especially students) you want to introduce to
(La)TeX they have to renounce to their nice, new, fresh Windows 10 and
first install and switch to Windows 7 in order to install TeX Live,
I guess this people will instantly keep their old MS Word :)

BTW, I wonder the status of the MiKTeX installer regarding this S mode.

> See also
> https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-redstone-5-may-add-a-switch-to-s-mode-option/

If I understand well, it is currently impossible to switch back to
S mode.
--
Denis