[tex-live] tl2018: unclear how to report bugs

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Aug 31 03:25:24 CEST 2018

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> A)  On CTAN: indicate clearly how to mark the communication channels
>     on new uploads.

Already done. Upload form contains a field for bug reports etc.

> A') Auto-Nag uploaders if this info is not present.

These are all volunteers who are already overloaded.
Are you willing to contribute work time?

> B) (Design the mechanism if needed, and) clearly communicate to the

Already done, upload form contains a field.

> C)  Import these fields from CTAN into the TeXLive packages.

That can be done easily in the future.

> P.S.  There is no problem like this in CPAN, why it is present on CTAN?

Historic reasons. CTAN predates CPAN and has historically very lax
rules. CRAN is even more restrictive, but changing this after so many
years is not an option we want to proceed.

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer