[tex-live] kpathsea header and library

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Tue Aug 28 01:15:30 CEST 2018

 >|    I'm trying to compile lcdf-typetools on a TeXLive system.
 >|    The configure script can't find the kpathsea library and/or
 >|    header files. Neither can I.
 >|
 >|Sorry, I don't really understand. If you have the TL sources checked out
 >|(tug.org/texlive/svn), lcdf-typetools and kpathsea are both under
 >|source/texk.
 >|
 >|If you downloaded lcdf-typetools from, e.g., Eddie's site and are trying
 >|to compile it separately from the rest of TL, then whether kpathsea is
 >|found will depend on whether your system provides it (as in,
 >|/usr/lib/libkpathsea*).
 >|
 >|No libkpathsea* files are installed as part of native TL; only distros
 >|do that.
 >|
 >|FWIW, as far as I know the lcdf-typetools in the TL source tree is the
 >|latest release (2.107).
 >|
 >|Hope this helps somehow, though I have a feeling you already knew all
 >|that and are asking something else ... -k

I was hoping there was a way to get the necessary
"development" files for kpathsea without checking out all
of TL. I've since installed texlive-kpathsea-lib rpms on my
Centos system and lcdf-typetools seems satisfied with them
although they apparently date back to 2015.

I'm compiling lcdf-typetools because I ran into a bug in
otftotfm. Eddie was kind enough to post a patch to his
github site and I felt I should test it. I don't know when
he plans a new release.

Bob