[tex-live] Is the TeX Live 2018 installer (for Windows) considerably slower than previous years

Philip Taylor (RH-UoL) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Aug 27 17:56:10 CEST 2018

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 04:25:01PM +0100, Philip Taylor (RH-UoL) wrote:
>
>> Ah, interesting — thank you, Siep.  But there was no obvious way to invoke
>> the directory browser; how should I have gone about that ?
>> ** Phil.
>
> That is what the Change... button under the C:\ component does.

Ah, I see.  I am so used to ignoring the GUI aspects of those dialogue
boxes that I failed even to register that I was being presented with
one.  But in that case, could you not allow the "New folder" option, and
one could then create-and-browse-to C:\texlive\2018 (or in my case,
D:\TeX\Live\2018) from a single dialogue box ?

** Phil.