[tex-live] Is the TeX Live 2018 installer (for Windows) considerably slower than previous years

Philip Taylor (RH-UoL) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Aug 27 16:50:05 CEST 2018

So, having restarted the installation (successfully, by eschewing the
.bat file) I now see the reason for the slowth — the installer is
installing from http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk rather than from the
local repository.  I don't /think/ that I am installing using a
different methodology to previous years, so what am I doing wrong and
how should I tell the installer to use my local repository ?

** Phil.