[tex-live] tlmgr update problem

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sat Aug 25 02:47:58 CEST 2018

Hi

> c:\Users\goossens\bin\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin (version 5.0.3)
> C:\texlive\2018\tlpkg\installer\xz\xz.exe (version 5.2.3)

> It is interesting to note that eveything worked until a few weeks ago. Has
> the version in texlive changed in the meantime
> introducing an incompatible change in the generated binaries?

Not the binaries, but the selection which xz is used has changed.
We decided to usually prefer the system provided version because it is
generally safer due to library incompatibilities.

I didn't know that the xz format has changed, I will add checks for the
version numbers of xz to make sure we use a recent enough xz.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer