[tex-live] tlmgr update problem

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Aug 23 04:00:23 CEST 2018

Hi Michel,

please keep TL ML in Cc

> Did you have a moment to look at it? Thanks, Michel

I tried with the very same mirror without any problem.

What happened is that the downloaded texlive.tlpdb.xz

> > D:trying to download http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/
> > mirror/tex/systems/texlive/tlne
> > t/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz to C:\Users\goossens\AppData\

did succeed, but what was downloaded seems to be broken:

> > D:TLUtils::system_pipe: calling xz -dcf < "C:\Users\goossens\AppData\
> > Local\Temp\
> > NL8MDbTRkK\oAQ1va4Gol" > "C:\Users\goossens\AppData\
> > Local\Temp\NL8MDbTRkK\IIPEoG
> > 9Sg9"
> > xz: (stdin): Compressed data is corrupt

Similar things than happen with packages.

Could you please check whether this is still the case?

I tried some packages from there and all worked out without any problem
today.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer