[tex-live] huge pdflatex output

Sverre Stausland Johnsen stausland.johnsen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:41:16 CEST 2018

To be fair, pdflatex has always produced outputs that are much bigger
than what xelatex and lualatex do. This issue here was raised because
I noticed that pdflatex in texlive 2018 with an updated Alegreya
package produces a pdf output about twice the size of what pdlatex in
texlive 2017 did with the Alegreya package that existed then. My
suspicion is that this difference is caused by the updated Alegreya
package, but Bob (the maintainer of Alegreya) thinks differently.

Sverre