[tex-live] wget problem

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Aug 2 16:00:25 CEST 2018

> Why doesn't it use curl on my system? I have curl in the path (from
> windows), but tlmgr says:

Siep explained it to me once, it has something to do with 32 and 64
versions, and starting perl switch windows into some 32bit shell that
hides the stuff in the 64bit dir.

Here explanation was that:
> My guess it is a 64/32-bit matter. If you type `curl --version' in
> c:\systems\syswow64\cmd.exe then curl is not found either.
>
> If I understand it right, crazy Windows tries to make 32-bits
> programs think that they run on a 32-bit system, so for 32-bits
> programs `system32' really means `syswow64', which is the 32-bit
> counterpart of system32 and does not contain curl.

Not that I understand anything of that ...

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer