[tex-live] FInding locally installed packages in different environments

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Apr 13 12:30:14 CEST 2018

Hi Urs,

>  * look for or create and cd into ~/texmf/tex/latex
>  * create a symlink with
>    ln -s /path/to/our/project/latex-resources
>  * try compiling the document

Sounds fine. I would expect that the same thing works in all other
variants of TeX Live, too. TEXMFHOME should NOT be prefixed with !!, so
searching should work.

You can ask your co-authors to run
  kpsewhich --debug=32 <one-of-the-files-there>
and see what is logged, it might give hints why the dirs are not
searched. --debug=-1 which logs everything, but can be quite
overwhelming.

> I read about having to use texhash and/or mktexlsr - once or after every
> changes to ~/texmf - but I don't seem to have to do that on my computer. Is

If there is an ls-R file, please remove it!!! That is 100 times safer.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer