[tex-live] kpsewhich case insensitive?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Apr 7 13:01:44 CEST 2018

Le 7 avr. 2018 à 12:56, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> a écrit :

> Am Fri, 6 Apr 2018 23:35:47 GMT schrieb Karl Berry:
>
>> The change is motivated for the case of big documents being developed on
>> Macs, and thus \include and \includegraphics commands (for example) use
>> randomly cased filenames and work regardless. Then the document is
>> compiled on normal Unix and failures abound. It is a big pain to fix
>> this. There can easily be hundreds of images or subfiles involved.
>> This situation is more common than you or I might wish :(.
>
> I fell in this trap quite often too. I wrote examples with
> \includegraphics{example-image-A} (as the image shows a large A this
> is quite natural ...) which worked fine on my windows and the people
> complained that it fails on linux.
>
> So on the whole I'm quite grateful that kpathsea is now case
> insensitive and it is not only Apple who is to blame ;-)

+1 for this remark. I also encounter this problem when copying pasting
code from questions on tex.sx by Windows users, and discover it
does not work on my Mac OS, then I had to read more closely and
see the "A" not "a".

Karl: I found your

> You can thank Apple and its users for inflicting this pain.

somewhat annoying, and it is not first time.

Best,

Jean-François