[tex-live] tlmgr misses xecyr on non-win32

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Sat Apr 7 01:18:54 CEST 2018

Hi,

tlmgr platform add {x86_64-linux,aarch64-linux,amd64-freebsd}
drops non-fatal errors if binaries do not exist for the new target.
For asymptote, depending on availability, this is little wonder. But
now (at least this got my attention for the first time), I experienced
"problems" with xecyr:

[…]
tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package
xecyr.aarch64-linux
[…]
tlmgr: action platform returned an error; continuing.
tlmgr: An error has occurred. See above messages. Exiting.

According to trunk/Master/tlpkg/tlpsrc/xecyr.tlpsrc, xecyr upstream only
provides binaries (batch scripts) for win32, that are obviously
irrelevant for other platforms.
With this in mind, are these kinds of (somewhat pointless) errors
intentional? I don't remember how tlmgr behaved in the last years.

$ tlmgr --version
tlmgr revision 47303 (2018-04-05 19:52:22 +0200)
tlmgr using installation: /mnt/2018
TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2018

Best,
Johannes