[tex-live] `findhyph' documentation issues

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri Apr 6 08:15:53 CEST 2018

> And indeed, the \v{r} is missing from the output.
>
> This is with groff 1.22.2 as installed on CentOS 7[.2.1511].

OK.  Your CentOS installation apparently doesn't set up the URW
PostScript fonts (as used by ghostscript) for groff; instead, it
simply uses the TR files coming with groff, providing only the most
basic sets of original Adobe metric files.

Given that my openSuSE box handles this fine I suggest that you file a
CentOS bug report :-)

I'll send you privately an archive with the URW stuff (metric and PFA
files), taken from my openSUSE distribution.  Please move them to a
directory `/foo/bar', set the environment variable

  GROFF_FONT_PATH=/foo/bar

and retry (note that the subdirectory `devps' must stay).

    Werner