[tex-live] `findhyph' documentation issues

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 6 00:47:18 CEST 2018

Hi Werner,

      Please change this to display `findhyph.man1.pdf' instead.

Ok.

      groff -K utf8

Thanks, but whatever is happening, it apparently doesn't know about the
\v{r} character in Pavel Striz (that's Str\v{r}\'\i\v{z})'s name on line
170 of the source:

man1/findhyph.1:170: warning: can't find special character `u0072_030C'

And indeed, the \v{r} is missing from the output.

The exact command I'm running, following what we do for other man pages
but adding the -K utf8, is:
  groff -K utf8 -man -t -rS11 man1/findhyph.1
This is with groff 1.22.2 as installed on CentOS 7[.2.1511].

Anything to be done, or should I just commit with the missing character?
I guess it's better to have all the other characters in there correctly.
--thanks, karl.