[tex-live] behaviour of kpsewhich on case-insensitive mac system

Justin C. Walker justin at me.com
Tue Sep 19 00:56:10 CEST 2017

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 09:18 , jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a question,
>
> $ kpsewhich example-image-A.pdf
>
> $ kpsewhich example-image-a.pdf
> /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex/latex/mwe/example-image-a.pdf

I’;m using TeXLive 2017 (up to date) on  on macOS 10.11.6.

I duplicated Phillip’s example (i.e., I got the same results he did).

I also used your example, with the same results, so I don’t understand why case should affect the outcome.

What versions of TeX and (I assume) macOS are you using?

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large