[tex-live] PDF rendering issues in new Apple High Sierra (10.13)

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Oct 11 00:18:56 CEST 2017

This is just a heads-up about PDF blurry rendering in the new Apple
High Sierra (10.13) operating system release:

	High Sierra - blurry PDF's in Preview and broken QuickLook

	Font Smoothing in High Sierra

Because most Mac users are likely to produce PDF, rather than DVI,
output from TeX documents, we may start to see questions/complaints
about PDF display with TeXShop and TeX Live.  One of our local users
already reported the issue to us after his laptop was upgraded
yesterday to High Sierra.