[tex-live] tlmgr conf has a problem on line continuation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 25 23:47:01 CEST 2017

    It seems "tlmgr conf" does not work properly when the configuration
    file that tlmgr tries to update has line continuation.

Not a surprise, but thanks for the bug report.

    Then you will expect something like:

Yes. I could imagine collapsing the value so that the result has no
continuations. I could also imagine simply aborting with "can't handle
values with continuations, sorry". (Clearly the current behavior is
wrong.)  Norbert?  (The code in TLConfFile.pm makes me dizzy ...)

Thanks again,
Karl