[tex-live] Suggested corrections/improvements to TeX Live 2016 notes (texlive-en.pdf)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 29 23:54:04 CEST 2017

Hi Gernot,

Thank you again for your detailed reading of the TL manual last fall.

    Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:23:12 +0900
    From: Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo at gmail.com>
    [...]
    (1) "To install in expert GUI mode (figure 3),"
    should be: "To install in expert GUI mode (Figure 3),"

"figure" vs. "Figure" in the text is a stylistic choice, it seems to me,
and to my eyes "figure" is less obtrusive. So I left those and changed
other in-sentence "Figure"s to "figure". Probably missed some.

    In the above, "must exist" seems to be the name of an option
    "file must exist" explanation is hard to follow.

Hard to follow is an understatement. I deleted those two paragraphs
referring to "must exist". They long ago lost any importance they may
have had.

I think I've made all the other fixes you suggested, occasionally in a
slightly different way. I committed new files to
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/texlive/texlive-en/
(Not yet including any changes for this year's upcoming release.)

Thanks,
Karl