[tex-live] compilation problem using Clang 3.9.1/C++11

andreas_tex at freenet.de andreas_tex at freenet.de
Wed Jun 21 08:54:28 CEST 2017

Dear all,

> Apologies in advance if this bug report is not relevant since Gentoo> enables C++11 while building, which causes the problem as follows.
It's a border case, but it will come up in the future more regularly.

> Turns out this is some generated code.  The source .w file has proper> spacing applied.
Indeed, this is a bug in CWEB: https://github.com/ascherer/cweb/issues/4
or rather a misfeature, because CWEB predates C99/C++11 and does not
support many more features introduced after its inception.

You are not the first to do this: https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/blob/86aeac048c3d4d6b8d9c264e1b84776d0e3bbbb7/packages/texlive/c++11.patch

> Unfortunately I'm not familiar at all with the generator to be able to> suggest anything to solve the problem in a more elegant way.The proper solution will be to fix CWEB, but ... ;o)

Greetings, Andreas

Mit freenetmail sicher kommunizieren!
[https://email.freenet.de/emig/index.html?utm_medium=Text&utm_source=Footersatz&utm_campaign=Footersatz_Sicherheit170207&epid=e9900000699&utm_content=Text]
Wir garantieren Ihnen verschlüsselte Datenübertragung &
Datenspeicherung auf deutschen Servern - E-Mail made in Germany!