[tex-live] install-tl redownloads everything on each run

Yaroslav Nikitenko metst13 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 21:53:35 CEST 2017

Dear TeXLive maintainers,

I've faced a problem (with download) during install-tl run. I rerun
that. The problem is that it  redownloads everything from the very
beginning (as can be seen through the installation process and through
my network statistics), which is very annoying when run several times
(in fact, it doesn't allow installation because of different
intermediate download errors).

A better behaviour would be to redownload only those packages, for
which the download failed.

I'm writing to this mailing list because I'm not sure whether that was
reported or suggested before (there seems to be no issue tracker), and
it was written here: https://www.tug.org/texlive/bugs.html

Best regards,
Yaroslav Nikitenko