[tex-live] Compatibility matrix for GLIBC for Linux

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Jun 6 14:06:40 CEST 2017

	Hi Mojca,

> I volunteer to collect the data together, but it would help if someone
> (Karl, Norbert?) would tell how exactly to test and then we could
> collect some statistics. Maybe Nelson would be willing to provide the
> output of some simple tests files from various exotic machines, but
> getting data from some common Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS machines should be
> doable without too much effort.

  Have you looked into the available information?  This page, for
example,

	https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/glibc/

has a list of glibc versions with notes on backward compatibility.
Probably not enough, but it’s a start.

  That page also sounds interesting (“Running new applications on old
glibc”):

	http://www.lightofdawn.org/wiki/wiki.cgi/NewAppsOnOldGlibc

  Best,

	Arthur