[tex-live] texlive guide entry for 2014

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:24:48 CET 2017

On 13 January 2017 at 11:35, I wrote:

> That said there is nothing dvipdfmx specific about that and no reason why a
> document that works with
> \usepackage[dvipdfmx]{graphicx} should fail with the default [dvips] option
> with
>

> ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in zzz.jpg (no BoundingBox).
>
> I should make dvips.def try to make (and use) a .xbb file with extractbb
> before giving up with that message, as done in dvipdfmx.def.
>
> David

Unfortunately that was nonsense, you could do this and make latex process
the file without error but it only makes sense for image formats for which
extractbb can get the size and dvips can include into the generated PostScript
and the number of formats for which both of those are true is.. limited....

David