[tex-live] www.tug.org unreachable

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 23:05:18 CET 2017

> Le 18/12/17 à 21h44, Rick Graham a écrit :
>
> > ... I'm also curious to know if the TOR Browser
> > <https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en> works for you,
> > since it will most assuredly take a different path, etc., to
> > www.tug.org.
>
> Bingo! That works :)
>
> I guess we can conclude neither my router nor my configuration are the
> culprits...

Yes, your computer gets and IP address form DNS, your home router can most
probably connect to your ISP only and the next routers try to find the way,
so the problem lies most probably even outside your ISP. Tor is an
anymizing service, so your computer then connects to another server which
finds the way to tug.org from somewhere else.

> --
> Denis

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz