[tex-live] texhash not updating ls-R-TEXLIVEDIST
norbert at preining.info
Sun Dec 10 14:02:49 CET 2017
everything has been said, but once again:
* you have two TeX Live installations, one in /usr/local/texlive and one
in /usr/bin, the former one installed by yourself, the later one
is the one shipped by Debian/Ubuntu.
* ls-R-TEXLIVEDIST is the one from Debian/Ubuntu, not the one in
* Your problem with TeX Maker is that you start it from the GUI
(Desktop) and the PATH for the Desktop is not adapted to include
/usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux, thus it does not use
the correct files.
Possible solutions (one of them):
* set up the PATH in /etc/profile.d/.... to include the correct one
echo "PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux:$PATH" >> /etc/profile.d/texlive-path.sh
echo "export PATH" >> /etc/profile.d/texlive-path.sh
* use the *same* directory for TEXMFLOCAL for both the Debian/Ubuntu TeX
Live and the upstream by doing:
echo "TEXMFLOCAL = /usr/local/share/texmf" >> /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf.cnf
NOTE that the directory
will NOT be searched anymore.
Hope that helps.
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer
GPG: 0x860CDC13 fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13
More information about the tex-live