[tex-live] Stable, reproducible, scriptable TexLive installation

Alistair Miles alimanfoo at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:45:10 CEST 2017

Hi there,

Apologies if this has come up before (I'm sure it has), but I'm trying to
get a stable, reproducible installation of texlive across multiple systems,
including different people's computers and a continuous integration
service. I've written a script [1] which installs texlive from
ftp://tug.org/historic/ which has been working fine, however recently the
server seems to have become flaky and I'm getting random download failures
which prevent installation (TLPDB::_install_package: downloading did not
succeed). I can't switch to a mirror because historic/ is not mirrored. I
found https://ctanmirror.speedata.de/ and will give that a try, however I
just thought I would post here as it would seem to be a good idea if
historic/ was mirrored along with all the other texlive content. Also I'd
be grateful if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Alistair

[1]
https://github.com/malariagen/agam-report-base/blob/master/install/install.sh