[tex-live] usermode with TEXMFLOCAL as usertree

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Nov 1 01:52:52 CET 2016

Hi Jean-François,

> I wanted to give a try to usermode. For some reason I prefer
> installing things in TEXMFLOCAL. But the installation (of
> some font) ended up doing updmap. I needed to revert its effect
> and issue updmap-sys.

Yes, that is the current setup. You cannot suppress this.

> Is there a "localmode" which would handle TEXMFLOCAL, hence for
> font installs, use updmap-sys by default.

Hmmmm, didn't think of that.

> and for some reason want to keep the a pristine up-to-date
> TeXLive w(say with scheme-full), and
> want to install things not in TeXLive, perhaps some fonts
> which will be kept from year to year.

>From where do you install things that are not in TL with tlmgr,
in particular font packages? Are there some repositories
out there?

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13