[tex-live] Tlmgr closing takes fairly long

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Tue May 31 07:11:12 CEST 2016

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> If you mean the GUI, can you test whether doing an action
> on the command line also takes as much time? Would need an
> action that triggers a saving of the tlpdb, like adjusting
> some options or so.

Command line is perceptibly faster than opening and closing the GUI. I
tried an action that does not connect to a repo to be sure it's not the
download that slows down things.

For instance, "tlmgr option showall" takes something like 5-6 seconds to
display the output and return to the command prompt.

Don't know if this could be accelerated but to me it's always been ok
like that.