[tex-live] Tlmgr closing takes fairly long

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue May 31 00:25:28 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-30 at 22:31:29 +0200, Martin Schröder wrote:

 > If you are really interested, read up on LuaJIT. It can get
 > performance that's better than hand-tuned assembler.

Martin, how can this be?  If your manually written assembly code is
optimal, no program can provide better code.  Otherwise you should
revise your assembly code.

Many developers claim that their software is the fastest the world has
ever seen.  I always ignore all these advertisements.  If you want to
convince me, come up with numbers.  All the advertizing is meaningless
without numbers.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25