[tex-live] pdfx has been incorrectly packaged in the texlive-pretest

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:04:00 CEST 2016

On 27 May 2016 at 01:04, Karl Berry wrote:

>     Wouldn't it make more
>     sense to share resources like we do for fonts?
>
> In theory, sure.  In practice, there are few and they are relatively
> small, so it doesn't seem critical.
>
> In any case, if you want to work to Ross to arrange for a generic free
> color profile package that both context and pdfx use, by all means!

>From what I understand both ConTeXt and pdfx packages fully support
inclusion of any given ICC profile. It's just that some profiles are
current stored under TEXMF/tex/context and some are stored under
TEXMF/tex/latex/pdfx, meaning that the same ICC files cannot be used
in the other engine.

Hans initially suggested TEXMF/color, but this was rejected. If adding
another top level directory is completely undesirable, the only
solution for sharing resources I see is using something like
    TEXMF/tex/generic/color/context/ (for files from context)
    TEXMF/tex/generic/color/pdfx/ (for files from pdfx)
and the files could then be used by either engine.

Mojca